Nineveh Ridge is run as a Social Enterprise: a non-profit making business. It is set in a beautiful area of countryside on the Worcestershire/Shropshire border. We try to keep our carbon footprint as small as we can, and we encourage re-cycling and re-using in all that we do. We encourage local businesses to help their community by ‘buying into’ the work that we do. Several have now donated materials to us, or funded projects.
To help our service users to achieve the following:
- To adhere to a structured day, taking into account the specific needs of the individual, and so encourage a connection with their environment, both at the farm and away from it.
- To learn to work and socialise with others in a team, although recognising that some service users like to work alone sometimes.
- To work to the plans set out in individual care plans, with soft and hard targets to meet, however small.
- To give service users the opportunity to work towards in-house certificates of achievement, or to take Land-based Qualifications, to help to build their self-esteem and pride in their work.
- To provide social, educational, therapeutic and developmental opportunities for all service users, whilst empowering them, as much as possible, to make choices for themselves.
- To ensure that everyone at Nineveh Ridge, whether they are service users, volunteers or staff, feels valued for the part that they play towards the success of the farm.
- To help people to gain in self-confidence, this will encourage them to seek an active role in decision making in their lives away from the farm.
- To enable people with special needs to experience a different kind of ‘Day Care’, where they can enjoy a meaningful day in a relaxed setting, without being understimulated or un-motivated.
- To make sure that vulnerable service users are protected, following the principles set out in our Safeguarding Policy.